ABC News Producer Choked to Death While Drunk

It was revealed on Wednesday that Dax Tejera, a producer for ABC News, had died due to asphyxiation due to obstruction of his airway caused by food bolus and acute alcohol intoxication.

The Executive Producer of ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” passed away suddenly on December 23rd at the age of 37.

It was initially reported that Tejera had died of a heart attack by ABC News president Kim Goodwin. In spite of this, his wife, Veronica, was arrested later that day for leaving their young children alone in a hotel room while the couple went to dinner with friends at Bobby Van’s 230Park in Midtown.

She defended her actions by claiming that her parents and a friend were watching the 5-month-old and 2-year-old with cameras. It has been reported that the couple left their children at home in order to go out to dinner.

According to a restaurant employee, a server had noticed Tejera’s unwell state and asked if he was okay. A short time later, the producer left the restaurant and collapsed outside.
After graduating from Dartmouth College and Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism, Tejera joined ABC News in 2017.