Father Fatally Shot on His Way to First Day at New Job During Horrific Road Rage Incident

Orlando, FL – A horrifying road rage incident in Orlando, Florida has resulted in the tragic death of a man on his way to his first day of work. The victim, identified as 30-year-old David Alexzander Sligh, was fatally shot by Nicholas Carrasquillo, 26, who is now facing a first-degree murder charge.

Police responded to multiple calls regarding the incident early Monday morning. Upon arrival, they discovered Sligh inside a crashed vehicle, unconscious and bleeding from his head. Despite their efforts to save him, Sligh was pronounced dead at 7:04 a.m.

Eyewitnesses identified Carrasquillo as the shooter. He was apprehended by the police and later admitted to firing shots at Sligh’s vehicle after a confrontation. Carrasquillo claimed that Sligh had cut him off, prompting him to honk and flash his lights. When Sligh shouted something at him, Carrasquillo opened his door to engage in a verbal exchange at a red light. However, when the light turned green, Sligh did not move, leading Carrasquillo to retrieve a gun from his glovebox and fire multiple shots at Sligh’s vehicle, with the intention to “maim” him.

Investigations revealed the recovery of six shell casings, and surveillance footage corroborated the events described by Carrasquillo. Police confirmed that there was no evidence of Sligh being armed or attempting to exit his vehicle.

The victim’s devastated family members shared photos of Sligh, describing him as a loving father who was on his way to his first day of work at a full-time job. Sligh’s uncle, David Bouton, expressed deep shock and grief over the tragedy.

Carrasquillo now faces a charge of first-degree murder with a firearm.

Cases like these serve as a somber reminder of the vital importance of maintaining composure while driving and finding peaceful resolutions to conflicts on the road. Local authorities are urging drivers to prioritize safety and practice restraint to prevent similar incidents in the future. The investigation into this tragic incident is still ongoing, and as more information becomes available, updates will be provided.