NYC man accused of shooting McDonald’s worker over cold French fries is charged as mother speaks out: report – Fox News
Michael Morgan, 20, is facing attempted murder charges and possession of a weapon that stemmed from a shooting that occurred Monday in Brooklyn.
Morgan allegedly shot a 23-year-old McDonald’s employee outside of the restaurant. It began with Morgan’s mother arguing with the Mcdonald’s employee over an order of cold french fries. Morgan allegedly intervened and started arguing with the employee. The argument moved outside, and the shooting occurred.
The worker was shot in the neck and remained in critical condition Tuesday in a local hospital.
McDonald’s said it is praying for a swift recovery for the boy and will cooperate with authorities in their investigation and that violence has no place inside or around its restaurants.
This is not the first time conflicts over fast food have escalated to shootings.
On June 26, an angry customer shot two Subway employees in Atlanta, GA, leaving one dead and the other injured. According to the manager, the customer was upset over too much mayonnaise on his sandwich.
In April this year, a Jack in the Box customer became angry that his request for additional sauce would cost him extra money. An argument began in the drive-thru. According to authorities, the upset customer soon parked in front of the restaurant and began arguing with a separate employee waiting for his ride. The employee tried to get away from the customer but was followed and shot. The Jack in the Box employee was treated at a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
For more coverage on these stories, check the following additional news sources:
- NYC man accused of shooting McDonald’s worker over cold French fries is charged as mother speaks out: report Fox News
- Man charged in shooting of Brooklyn McDonald’s worker during cold fries fight PIX11 News
- Cops cuff shooter who critically wounded McDonald’s employee in Brooklyn NY
- Man accused of shooting NYC McDonald’s worker over cold fries slapped with 2020 murder charge: NYPD New York Post
- Girlfriend handed gun to man accused of shooting Brooklyn McDonald’s worker over cold fries: NYPD PIX11 New York News
- View Full Coverage on Google News