Mother Accused of Aiding Son in Fatal Shooting of His Child’s Mother

A Florida man, Keith Agee, 20, is accused of fatally shooting Brooklyn Sims, 18, the mother of his child, with the alleged assistance of his own mother, Sheila Agee. Text messages between the mother and son suggest that Sheila Agee encouraged her son to commit the murder and discussed erasing evidence of their conversation. Sheila Agee is currently held in the Washington County Jail in Alabama, awaiting extradition to Escambia County, Florida, where she faces a charge of principal to first-degree murder.

According to the authorities, Keith Agee drove to a Home Depot store where Sims was working as a contract employee. He reportedly entered the building, walked down aisle 52, and shot Sims, who died at the scene. Two other employees were grazed by bullets as they attempted to escape. Keith Agee was later arrested at a restaurant located a mile from the Home Depot.

The tragic incident has left a significant impact on the survivors. Xia Xang Parnell, one of the survivors, expressed her trauma, stating that the sight of a Home Depot now triggers panic attacks. Sims and Keith Agee had a 2-year-old daughter together. Parnell described the relationship between Sims and Agee as challenging, with Sims recently focusing on co-parenting their daughter.

Prior to the incident, two women had filed for protection from abuse orders against Keith Agee on February 15, 2023. Both requests were granted by a judge on March 21. The women, who remain unidentified, described Agee as volatile and threatening. Agee had previous arrests in Mobile, Alabama, on counts of domestic violence, but both cases were dropped.

The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office announced that Sheila Agee is being charged with principal to first-degree murder. Her son, Keith Agee, is charged with first-degree premeditated murder and aggravated battery in connection with the death of Brooklyn Sims. The authorities claim that Sheila Agee knew about and helped coordinate the murder, as evidenced by text messages between her and her son.