‘Diary Of A Wimpy Kid’ Actor Who Killed Mother Also Targeted Justin Trudeau: Court – HuffPost
Ryan Grantham, 24, had plans to kill Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau before the murder of his mother, prosecutors revealed during his sentencing hearing.
Ryan Grantham was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of his mother on June 13, according to the British Columbia Prosecution Service.
Grantham said he wanted to kill Trudeau in a statement to police, and that he had been going through an intense period of clinical depression.
Grantham’s sister said her mother was vulnerable and Ryan Grantham gave her no chance to defend herself. Lisa Grantham and her mother’s sister told the court they “fear his release from prison.”
Grantham shot Barbara Waite in the back of the head and packed his car with guns and ammunition to kill Justin Trudeau.
The court heard how Grantham was depressed, experiencing homicidal and suicidal urges, and spending a lot of time online and smoking marijuana, before killing his mother.
Grantham, who was 21 at the time of the murder, rehearsed the murder in the days before, and loaded and unloaded the gun multiple times before killing his mother. He then covered her body with a sheet and arranged lit candles around it, and turned himself in to police.
For more information on this story, consider the following news outlets listed below.
- ‘Diary Of A Wimpy Kid’ Actor Who Killed Mother Also Targeted Justin Trudeau: Court HuffPost
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid Actor Who Pleaded Guilty to Murdering Mom Allegedly Plotted to Kill Justin Trudeau PEOPLE
- ‘I am sorry’: Actor who murdered mother addresses court on final day of sentencing hearing Yahoo News Canada
- “Riverdale” Actor Killed Mother, Planned To Assassinate Justin Trudeau: Report HotNewHipHop
- ‘Riverdale’ Actor Ryan Grantham Planned to Kill Justin Trudeau: Report Exclaim!
- View Full Coverage on Google News