Woman Allergic to Dairy Dies After Eating ‘Vegan’ Italian Dessert

MILAN, Italy – A young woman with a severe dairy allergy died after consuming a tiramisu that was falsely advertised as “vegan,” leading to an investigation into the dessert’s producer.Anna Bellisario, a 20-year-old fashion student, and her boyfriend were dining at Flower Burger, a vegan burger chain in Milan, on January 26, 2023, when she ate a dish called “Tiramisun Mascherpa,” according to Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera. Despite checking the label and seeking more …

Read more