Texas Couple Abducted From Home by Gunpoint in Front of Their Children

A San Antonio couple, who were abducted at gunpoint from their Southwest Side residence in front of their children, were found unharmed early Thursday morning. The couple was discovered around 5 a.m. in a house on Benrus Boulevard, near Culebra Road on the city’s West Side.

Law enforcement officials have confirmed the arrest of two individuals in relation to the abduction and are currently pursuing a third suspect. The apprehended suspects have been identified as Felipe Valdez, 40, and Xhavier Martinez, 29. Martinez was already wanted on several charges, including deadly conduct and evading arrest.

The abduction occurred around 6 a.m. Wednesday at a residence off Mission Bell near Loop 410. Upon arrival at the scene, police discovered five children, unharmed but visibly shaken. The children informed investigators that several armed men had forcefully entered the house and taken away a man and a woman, believed to be their parents.

After conducting interviews with witnesses, investigators were able to pinpoint the location where the couple was being held. Upon their release, the couple was found to be unbound.

Authorities believe this was a “targeted kidnapping,” and reassured the public that there was no broader threat. The motive behind the kidnapping remains unclear.

The couple, who were victims of a targeted abduction, were found safe and two suspects are now in custody, according to a statement from the San Antonio police on Thursday.

Officers had initially responded to the couple’s home around 6 a.m. Wednesday, where they found five children, believed to be the couple’s, unharmed. The children reported that unknown assailants had broken in and forcefully taken the couple, who are in their late 30s.

San Antonio Police Sgt. Washington Moscoso stated that investigators “worked throughout the night, [and] we were able to determine where these individuals were being held.” The suspects, Valdez and Martinez, were arrested on charges of aggravated kidnapping, and the victims were medically cleared to be reunited with their family. A third suspect is still at large.

While no motive has been released, Moscoso confirmed that the incident “wasn’t a random act,” but a targeted abduction aimed at this particular family.