(TheDailyHorn.com) – Heading into the 2022 midterms, Republicans are expecting at worst a red tidal wave, and at best a tsunami. Helping their election chances are 23 Democratic retirements from Congress, most of which are in the highly vulnerable category.
Things aren’t going well for Democrats as they continue their infighting over President Joe Biden’s Build Back Better social and climate change plan. It could get a lot worse if Republicans take the gavel back from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) in a little more than a year from now.
Kevin McCarthy To Launch 7 Investigations Into Biden Admin On Day 1 If GOP Wins Majority In House https://t.co/hvtSCZNzve pic.twitter.com/DviLNTI70v
— Daily Wire (@realDailyWire) December 20, 2021
If the GOP fulfills its aspirations, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) is likely to become the next Speaker of the House. He says if they win as expected, Republicans will begin at least seven investigations into the actions of the Biden administration. On Day 1, Republicans plan to look into:
- A leak out of the IRS regarding several US billionaires’ personal tax information.
- The administration’s handling of illegal immigration at the southern border.
- Potential targeting of Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s television show by the National Security Agency (NSA).
- Attorney General Merrick Garland directing the FBI to investigate parents labeled as domestic terrorists.
- The origins of COVID-19 and CDC guidance regarding school shutdowns and mask requirements.
- The botched Afghanistan military withdrawal.
- A dispute over a cloud-computing contract.
Don’t be surprised if this list grows in the next 12 months.
Copyright 2021, TheDailyHorn.com